As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.
Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C)
Our Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. The P&C meets regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans as well as fundraising.
The BPPS P&C meets monthly on the first Wednesday of the Month in the school library at 6.30pm. Please see the school calendar linked in the menu above for meeting dates.
The P&C operates the school uniform shop and parents looking to join the P&C are encouraged to join using the form linked below.
The P&C has recently provided funding to support the following initiatives:-
- $28000 was donated in 2021 to provide and refresh the Home Reader system in K-2
- $100000+ was provided by the P&C in 2021 to support the installation of the new 'Adventure Playground' climbing equipment
The P&C Raises funds through a variety of activities including:-
- Uniform Shop
- Community Barbeques
- Mothers Day and Fathers day stalls
and many others.
The P&C runs and manages the school Uniform Shop located at the front of the school, nearby the gate in the north-eastern corner of the hall. Ms Megan Dove is the Uniform Shop Coordinator. The shop is open Mondays from 8.30am to 9.15am and Tuesdays from 2.30pm to 3.15pm.
2022 BPPS P&C Office Bearers
- President: Alicia McNiven (Relieving) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Megan Dove - email@example.com
- Treasurer: Madonna Woodward
- Vice President: Alicia McNiven
Join our P&C Facebook page.
Counselling for families
The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.
Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.
- Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.
- Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978.
- Parent line – 24-hour advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.
Interpreting and translations
We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.
If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.
For more information, listen in your language.
Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.