Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.
Local enrolment area
Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.
How to enrol
If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.
If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.
Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.
Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.
For more information, visit primary school enrolment.
For more information, visit:
Moving to high school
Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.
Temporary visas and international students
The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.
Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.
For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.
Enrol at Banora Point Public School
Banora Point Public School is currently accepting enrolments for school aged students for the 2023 school year.
Parents enrolling their children complete an enrolment form (further down the page) which provides the school with important information. If you change your workplace, emergency telephone contact number, home telephone number or address, please inform the office of the change straight away.
In 2020 the New South Wales DoE has tightened arrangements significantly around out of zone enrolments. Schools beyond 'capacity' such as Banora Point Primary School cannot accept enrolments of families living out of zone for any reason. Should the school have available vacancy below the specified 'capacity' then the school may consider accepting out of zone enrolments. At this time Banora Point Primary School is well beyond 'capacity' as capacity is determined by the number of permanent classrooms in the school. Banora Point Primary School has a high number of demountable buildings.
Should you have an address within zone, your enrolment will be automatically accepted.
Starting School – Ages
Children may start Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if they turn five years of age on or before 31st July in that year. Kindergarten children will start the school year one day later than the rest of the students. Students must enrol in Kindergarten the year they turn six.
Enrolment of Students in NSW Government Schools Please click this link for the NSW Department of Education Policy for more information on Enrolment within NSW Government Schools Including specifics around age of enrolment.
Download the department's getting ready for school (PDF 3.27MB) brochure for helpful lists and activities.
An extensive orientation program for prospective Kindergarten students is offered.
We begin with promotional meetings and school tours from Term 2, and end with class visits in Term 4.
Kindergarten Information Booklet
Kindergarten Readiness Brochure
- School Tour: Thursday July 21 2022 10-11am
- Kindergarten Parent Meeting (for 2023 enrolled students: Wednesday 19th October 2022 at 6pm in the hall.
- Kindergarten Orientation Session 1 (for 2023 enrolled students): Thursday October 27th 2022 10-11am
- Kindergarten Orientation Session 2 (for 2023 enrolled students): Thursday November 3rd 2022 10-11am
- Kindergarten Orientation Session 3 (for 2023 enrolled students): Thursday November 10th 2022 10-11am
- Kindergarten Orientation Session 4 (for 2023 enrolled students): Thursday November 17th 2022 10-11am
For more important dates, visit our school calendar and navigate through the terms in the top right.
I am enrolling my child at Banora Point Primary School. What do I need to do and understand?
1. Complete the Enrolment Form. Click here to obtain a copy of the Enrolment Form or call the school office on 07 5524 1444.
2. Ensure all documentation is submitted as required.
- Copy of child’s Birth Certificate
- Immunisation History Statement
- 100 points Residential Address Check (Click here for further information.)
- General Consent Form
- Special Religious Education Form
- Copy of Drivers Licence
3. Attend enrolment interview with Principal. Please contact the school office on 07 5524 1444 to arrange an interview.
4. Attend School Tour on Thursday 21 July 2022
5. Attend Kindergarten 2023 Parent Meeting on Wednesday 19th October 2022 at 6pm in the hall.
6. Ensure your child attends all 4 Kindergarten 2023 Orientation sessions. Please contact the Early Stage 1 Assistant Principal, Nicole Crawford if your child is unable to attend.
- Thursday 27 October 2022 from 10am to 11am Students only
- Thursday 03 November 2022 from 10am to 11am Students only
- Thursday 10 November 2022 from 10am to 11am Students only
- Thursday 17 November 2022 from 10am to 11am Students only
7. Attend Parent Information sessions that will run concurrently with Kindergarten Orientation sessions.
8. Anticipate advice from school in mid-December regarding Best Start interview and class placement (teacher) and commencement date and time for 2023.
9. Obtain the following items:
- Uniform and Backpack from BPPS Uniform Shop.
- Black School Shoes
- Label all items (shoes, socks, all clothing, lunch boxes and water bottles)
- Click here for full details about our school uniform.
10. Bring your child to designated Best Start interview. Click here for further information about Best Start.
11. Drop your child to the classroom door at designated starting time for 1st day Kindergarten 2023 on Tuesday 31 January 2023.
Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.